Thursday, April 18, 2013

Super Simple Cereal Bars

I needed to whip up a snack for kidlets simple and easy. Of course I always loved when my mom would make fruity pebble bars (twist on rice krispe treats) 
So I decided to go with that. Here is the recipe - simple and easy. 

3 tablespoons butter
4 Cups mini marshmallows
6 cups cereal of choice

First melt the 3 tablespoons of butter in a big pot over low/med heat. 


 Stir in the 4 cups mini marshmallows.


Stir over low heat until melted smooth.


Remove from heat and add in the 6 cups of cereal of your choice. Today I used fruity pebbles and then did a batch of chocolate lucky charms. Because I had big boxes of them and wanted to use some - that's why.


Stir to coat.
Then dump onto a spray buttered cookie sheet or in to a 9x13 pan. I just did a cookie sheet cause it was closer. :0)
I like to spray my hands and press down to flatten, push together. But you can use waxed paper if you don't wanna touch the food.


Let cool. Cut into squares and enjoy! Simple, easy, kids love.

2 comments:

  1. Super easy! My kids would love those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My page keeps throwing your comments in SPAM!!! Driving me nuts!

      Delete